While there’s currently no way to transfer photos and videos directly from Lifecake to FamilyAlbum, photos and videos downloaded to your smartphone can be easily uploaded to the FamilyAlbum app. FamilyAlbum includes unlimited storage, so you can back up all of your memories for free.
If you would like to transfer a large amount of data, it’s possible to upload them all at once from your computer using our Computer Upload Site. However, you will need to register for our Premium subscription service in order to use this feature.
We're currently offering a one-month free trial of our Premium service. If you're interested, we encourage you to try it out to see if the features would be useful for your family. More information is available at https://family-album.com/premium.
Any photos and videos uploaded from a computer will remain visible even if you decide to end your subscription. After the 1-month free trial, FamilyAlbum Premium costs USD $4.99 (GBP £4.49/EUR €4.49) per month for the entire family.
At FamilyAlbum, it's important to us that we continue to provide a free version that can be enjoyed on its own. Many of the perks that cost money in other apps, such as additional storage or ad removal, are available for free with FamilyAlbum. We also have no plans to start charging for features currently available for free. We are grateful to all families who choose to use our service, whether they continue to use Premium or switch to the free version after transferring their photos/videos.
How to Upload from Your Computer with FamilyAlbum Premium
1. Download your photos and videos from Lifecake to your computer.
2. Install the FamilyAlbum app on your smartphone and create an account.
3. Open the Settings tab and tap “Email Not Registered” to register an email address for your account.
4. Back in the Settings tab, tap “Premium” and then tap the button at the bottom of the screen to register for our Premium subscription service. After the 1-month free trial, your subscription will be renewed for USD $4.99 (GBP £4.49/EUR €4.49) per month unless it is cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period.
5. From your computer, visit https://family-album.com/premium and log in to our Computer Upload Site. We recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome.
6. Select the data downloaded from Lifecake in Step 1 and upload. Any photos and videos uploaded from a computer will remain visible even if you decide to end your Premium subscription.
How to Upload from Your Smartphone with the Free Version of FamilyAlbum
1. Download your photos and videos from Lifecake to your phone. If you are an iPhone user and you'd like to upload files that have been downloaded to your computer, we recommend using Airdrop when transferring photos and videos to your device.
2. Open your FamilyAlbum app and visit the Add tab.
3. Select photos and videos then tap either “Share with Family” or “Partner Only” at the bottom of the screen to upload. “Partner Only” means that these items will only be visible to the child’s parents, whereas “Share with Family” items will be visible to everyone invited to the album.
FamilyAlbum for iOS
FamilyAlbum for Android